What are the best ways to get your blood flowing and warm-up? The butt kicks exercise! This exercise will not only get you moving but also help stretch out some of those tight muscles in your lower back, glutes, hamstrings, and calves. Try it before you start any workout routine or at the end of one to keep everything loose.
Your body is like a car. If you want to run it well, then you have to warm it up. The creator beautifully designed the human body, and it’s your responsibility to keep the beauty of your body by taking a good diet and opting for a suitable exercise.
Introduction to the Butt Kicks Exercise
The butt kicks exercise is the type of plyometric and jump training exercise. You know well that there are two main types of exercise: aerobic exercise and anaerobic exercise. The Butt kicks exercise is a part of aerobic exercise. It is the best warm-up exercise and improves the functionalities of your heart.
Other Names of the Butt Kicks Exercise
There are various other names for this warm-up exercise. The two most common words are:
- Bum Kicks
- Butt Kickers
If you are looking to understand the benefits of the butt kick exercise, the ways to do it safely, and the different modifications linked to it, you are in the right place. This article depicts the benefits of bum kicks, the right strategy, and various alternatives to do this exercise.
Benefits of Butt Kickers
There are multiple benefits of every aerobic exercise. Like other aerobic exercises, the benefits of the bum kicks are also valuable. Some benefits are:
- It helps to improve the condition of the heart
- Butt kicks exercise can save you from heart attack and heart failure
- It can increase your muscle strength
- Its play a vital role for the athletes
- It’s the best exercise for those athletes who want efficiency in their stride
- It can improve the speed of hamstring contraction
We do not restrict the benefits of the butt kick exercise to the ones mentioned above. Multiple other benefits can able you to lead a healthy life.
Now, the question arises: how to do butt-kickers? If you always feel confused about the best strategy to bum kicks, this article is for you. But, first, let’s discuss the right approach to do this warm-up exercise.
How to Do Butt Kickers
First, it is essential to mention here that butt kicks are a warm-up exercise. The most important and exciting thing about this exercise is that you can do it anywhere, either in a gym, on a track, or in a living room. You do not even need any equipment for it.
Now, the most authentic way to do this exercise is:
- First, stand with your feet hip-distance apart and your arms at your side
- Bring your right heel to your buttocks by contracting the hamstring muscles
- After it, place the ball of your right foot back on the ground
- Slowly bring your left heel to your buttocks
- Periodically perform this motion
- Continue to alternate your right and left heels so that you will feel you are jogging.
- Pump your arms while making this motion
- When your left heel is kicking your buttocks, then pump your right arm in the forward direction at an angle of 90 degrees.
- When your right heel is kicking, then pump your left arm forward
- Continue doing it for 30 seconds
- We can increase the duration as per your health scenarios:
|It is important to note that these steps are the most exact steps that can bring effective results.|
Safety Tips for Butt Kickers
You know well that bum kicks focus on the legs, so it is vital to maintain the body’s position. The wrong position may cause the stain of the muscle and injury to the joint.
The most important points to follow while doing this exercise are:
- Start the exercise slowly
- It is crucial to engage your core, neutralize your spine, and open your chest.
- Focus on the contraction of the hamstring muscles while lifting your leg
Variation of Bum Kicks
There are many variations of butt kicks exercise, and you can opt for the alternate of your own choice as per your fitness level.
Alternates for Beginners
- Slowly bring your right heel to your hips by gaining your muscle mass
- Place the ball of your right foot back down gently and slowly bring your left heel to your hips
- Perform this movement several times – alternating legs and increase your posture if necessary
- You can keep this movement at a low impact by moving slowly for 30 seconds, moving each side as you kick back, and keeping your arms straight
- As you get more comfortable with the form, you can take speed, increase the time, and extend your arms
Alternatives for Advanced Level and Intermediate Level
There are two main variations for those who want a challenging version of butt kicks exercise. These two variations are:
- Alternate With High Knees
- Moving Butt Kicks
The Last Word on Bum Kicks
To conclude the whole debate, in a nutshell, we can say that adding butt kickers (also known as high knee jogging) to your daily routine can provide you with a diverse range of benefits.
There are multiple benefits of opting for this exercise, including regulating the functionalities of the heart, strengthening of muscles, and vicinities. It is important to note that every exercise is of great worth as long as you are following the right strategy. They’re right, and we discussed the most authentic strategy of the butt kicks exercise above.
It does not matter what type of exercise you are doing. The thing that matters is how safely you are doing it. We discussed some safety rules for which you should follow to bring excellent results. The health scenarios of every person vary so, there are various alternates of butt kickers.
These benefits are worth the time you put into butt kickers. But what if you do not see any success with this exercise? What should you do next? First, we recommend making sure that your form and posture are correct when doing butt kicks. You want to make sure that your weight distribution throughout the whole body is even, so there’s no undue strain on one part of it. If all else fails, then try a different aerobic exercise with similar benefits. For example, jumping rope has many of the same health benefits as bum kicks do, but it may be easier for some people to learn how to do it correctly than others because they’re already more familiar with jump roping!