FitnessFitness is more than trips to the gym and the loss of a few pounds. To be truly fit, you must be both mentally and physically fit! The components of fitness support the health of your body and your mental state and include:
Components of FitnessThe components of fitness include power, strength, endurance, flexibility, agility, balance, and coordination. These are important, whether you are a professional athlete or a new trainee in the gym.
Your fitness program should include and address all these components.
- Strength - Resistance and weight training will increase your strength.
- Power - Powerlifting, Olympic lifts, and plyometrics are your best options.
- Endurance - Include exercises like running, long brisk walks, cycling, aerobics, or rowing.
- Flexibility - Perform 3-5 minutes of stretching before and after your workouts. Yoga and Pilates are also excellent choices.
- Balance and Coordination - Core training and a balance ball are good choices.