FitnessFitness is more than trips to the gym and the loss of a few pounds. To be truly fit, you must be both mentally and physically fit! The components of fitness support the health of your body and your mental state and include:
Components of FitnessThe components of fitness include power, strength, endurance, flexibility, agility, balance, and coordination. These are important, whether you are a professional athlete or a new trainee in the gym.
Your fitness program should include and address all these components.
- Strength - Resistance and weight training will increase your strength.
- Power - Powerlifting, Olympic lifts, and plyometrics are your best options.
- Endurance - Include exercises like running, long brisk walks, cycling, aerobics, or rowing.
- Flexibility - Perform 3-5 minutes of stretching before and after your workouts. Yoga and Pilates are also excellent choices.
- Balance and Coordination - Core training and a balance ball are good choices.
Importance of FitnessFitness has benefits beyond being stronger, faster, and more flexible. Being fit will provide:
Increased EnergyFitness and regular physical exercise improve your muscle strength, bone strength and increase your endurance. Your heart and lungs will become stronger and more efficient, which then deliver more oxygen and nutrients to tissues in all parts of your body. This combination of greater strength and endurance with greater blood, oxygen, and nutrient flow will boost your energy levels.
Reduced Risk of IllnessFitness and exercise increase your immunity and help protect you from diseases like colds and flu. Exercise also helps flush bacteria from your lungs and airways while boosting the production of healthy antibodies and infection-fighting blood cells.
Reduced Risk of Heart DiseaseAccording to the American Heart Association, fitness can help reduce your risk of the following conditions: heart disease, stroke, obesity, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, breast and colon cancer, Type 2 diabetes, and depression.
Lower Stress LevelsEffective ways to help you manage and eliminate stress include meditation, yoga, and regular exercise. Fitness and exercise increase your body’s production of your brain’s mood-enhancing neurotransmitters called endorphins.
Improved Sleep and Brain HealthFitness and exercise improve your mental sharpness, mood, and sleep.
Improved Self-ConfidenceWhen you look good, you feel good. When you are healthy and fit, you will stand straight, walk tall, and carry yourself more confidently. Once you are fit, you will be much more likely to engage in healthy behaviors while avoiding unhealthy habits like overeating, drinking to excess, or smoking. Instead, you will look forward to working out regularly, eating a balanced nutritious diet, and treating your body with respect.
- Why are you still fat and can’t lose weight?
- Why are your muscles not getting bigger and stronger?
- How to measure weight loss and muscle gain effectively
- How weightlifting can benefit your mental health
- Best essential oils for allergies
- How to change your body composition to burn fat or build muscle
- Weight loss – tips to help you achieve it
- How to use lessons taught by your mother to get fit
- Fitness trainers reach goals – how do they do it.
- How to get your doctor to help you with your health and fitness journey
- The best strategies for fat loss
- How to wisely choose your resources to get healthy and fit
- How to use S.M.A.R.T. goals to get healthy and fit
- Why is Hydroxycut Hardcore – The best selling diet pill in the world
- Adele weight loss 2020 success – Discover her diet plan
- Best multivitamin for men
- How does the macronutrient fat affect your body
- Carbohydrate affects your body
- How to prepare a meal plan to burn fat or gain muscle
- Best multivitamin for women
- How to count calories to build muscle or burn fat
- Body Type – What is the best diet for you
- Metabolism – 3 food you can eat to boost it
- Fat – How to determine what foods are causing it
- Body fat – How can you lose 10 pounds in 30 days and keep it off
- How your body uses protein, carbohydrates, fat, and calories to burn body fat
- Get real results from a diet – what is the best way to do it.
- How your body uses protein, carbohydrates, fat, and calories to build muscle
- How to use protein to build massive muscles
- The secret to burning belly fat and keep it off – what is it
- The Military Diet
- Exercise weight loss plateau – How to prevent it
- Chloe Ting workout program – A comprehensive review
- Top 5 things I wish I knew before I started weight training
- HIIT – how to sculpt your body with this workout program
- Resistance bands – Use them to build, tone, and shape your muscles
- 10 minutes home workout – Certified fitness trainers recommend
- What are the best ways to stop and prevent muscle spasms?
- How to build a home workout – fitness tips
- How to use the correct energy pathway to burn fat and build muscle
- Tips on how to improve your fitness at the start of a fitness journey
- How much should you lift based on your weight?
- How to start weightlifting without hurting yourself
- Weightlifting tips that help you get through your weightlifting
- How to get the most from your gym workout
- How to lift weights for weight loss
- Muscle imbalances – How to fix them before they cause injuries
- How to set up your personal workout program
- These 7 principles will help you plan your workouts.
- How to adapt your workout for joint soreness and injuries
- How to improve fitness and bodybuilding with exercise – Proper form
- Workout to get results – How do you do it with a workout program.
- How to use a post-workout to build muscle and improve your fitness
- How to use these three factors to build muscle and improve fitness
- Different approaches to a workout program – How do you apply them
- How to use the king of all exercises to build muscle