What is a fitness addict? Many people would say fitness addicts are people that have a fitness addiction, but fitness addicts really don’t suffer from an actual addiction to fitness.
Although there are many similarities between fitness addicts and other people, there are also many differences. Fitness addicts are fitness enthusiasts that have trouble containing themselves to fitness.
Enthusiast loves to workout and sometimes even obsess over it. Many of them center their life around their workouts and diet. They are truly different from other people because they take fitness to a different level.
The Stress Factor
Fitness addicts use fitness to cope with stress, whereas fitness enthusiasts work out to relieve stress. Gym rats will try almost anything that is fitness-related before they can relax or finish their day. They fitness obsess over fitness and fitness-related things. Some of them like to workout every single day (which can be a good or bad thing). Fitness obsession can become a problem for gym rats. In recent years, many fitness rehab centers, fitness treatment centers, or fitness clinics open.
If you want to know if you are a fitness addict, answer these questions:
- When you don’t work out, do you feel guilty?
- Do you spend over two hours in the gym (not including your warm-up or cool-down time)?
- Do you eat very little (or skip meals) because you are always working out?
- Have you cut back on other activities so that you can fit into fitness in your life?
- When people don’t work out, do they annoy you?
- Do you feel fitness is your life?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then you are at least a fitness enthusiast.