How did Zac Efron’s workout program and diet create his impressive body? An amazing muscular six-pack ab body does not come cheap. So, to get Zac Efron’s body, you must eat right and work out even harder. But this is not the beginning of Zac’s journey. How did it all start? After Zac graduated from high school, this star landed some appearances on famous TV shows. He played roles on The Guardian, ER, and Firefly. But, Zac’s major break in the industry came when he landed the High School Musical lead role.
Since then, millions of fans have followed Zac’s career. He has appeared in many movies. But, his role in the film Baywatch in 2017 drew everyone’s attention towards his buffed physique.
The muscle he gained for the movie was fast. People cannot help but wonder what it took to make a body like that. What was his diet and workout program? Is it for an ordinary person? In this article, we will talk about the workout, nutrition, and fitness journey of Zac. Also, we will discuss everything else he did to become so hardcore!
Zac Efron’s Workout and Fitness Philosophy
To prepare for his character in Baywatch, Zac teamed up with a Hollywood trainer. Patrick Murphy, one of the most talented trainers, prepared Zac to play Matt Brody. Thus Patrick transformed Zac’s physique and body into an ideal body for Baywatch. In Baywatch, his body was the most shredded his fans had seen him on the screen. With his dedication to this movie, he has become a sensation. Thanks to his diet and workout, he has become an inspiration for his fans.
Patrick Murphy also trained many Hollywood celebs for their movies. His clientele includes Keanu Reeves, Olivia Wilde, and Alexandra Daddario. Patrick’s website has the workout and diet philosophy that he used with Zac. It embraces macro-nutrition and other clever programming techniques. Patrick knows how to fragment programs together to help his clients. He helped Zac achieve his desired fitness goal in real-time.
There is plenty of material from media outlets about Zac Efron’s workout program. All this information, mixed with Zac’s workout routine, can help anyone build a great body. From everything we gathered on Zac, it is evident that he likes to maximize his time in the gym. He uses different supersets and circuits to save time.
Zac Efron’s Workout Review
The training sessions are put together with training principles and involve many supersets. Zac Efron’s workout plan extends to 12 weeks. So, he works out three days on and one day off. According to him, this type of training helps him build more lean muscle mass. Also, he keeps his rest periods short. For Zac, 40 – 60 seconds between supersets doos the trick. Thus, the exercises he uses involve compound joint movements. After every workout session, Zac performs 20 minutes of cardio. The cardio helps Zac to cool down. Zac says he enjoys his cardio sessions.
A Week of Zac Efron’s Workout
Zac was able to do 5% body fat through his determination in 12 weeks of training. Zac’s fitness routine provided him with a buff body for his scenes. Moreover, the workout improved his performance to make lifeguard moves like Matt Brody.
Zac Efron’s workout sessions included eight or ten exercises. Each session lasted around 45 minutes. Also, he used a 3-day split with rest between every session.
The first day of the week was about his biceps and back. The second day was about his legs; finally, there were arms, chest, and shoulders. Every day included a few abs-related exercises. Also, he performed his ab moves with supersets and 60 seconds rest. Then there was a rest day and again a repeat.
But, is this regime suitable for an average person? Many people have already tried Zac Efron’s workout and diet program. Thus, Many fans report achieving some fantastic results. The workout also provides relief from different types of chronic pain!
Zac Efron’s Diet
Zac’s diet eats whole foods. He tries to avoid sugar and refined foods as much as possible. He has experimented with different diets. But Zac finally switched to a vegan diet. He claims it was a life-changing event.
His trainer Patrick Murphy also created an organic, whole-food diet for Zac. The diet whipped him into shape for his buffed scenes. Indeed, this method was celeb-approved and time-tested, all thanks to its undeniable results. After every two weeks, Patrick changed Zac’s calories, carbs, proteins, and fats. He also supplemented his diet with different products. Zac loves unflavored whey protein with zero additives. Also, Zac drinks at least 100 ounces of water per day as a part of his diet plan.
Zac eats all-natural and lean protein. So, the five categories of food he consumed were:
This category includes chicken, turkey breast, egg whites, pork loin, steak, and fish:
- Chicken (A single serving gives 55g of clean and lean protein)
- Turkey breast (A fantastic source of lean protein but with low-sodium varieties)
- Fish (Salmon and other fishes give adequate protein and omega-three fatty acids)
- Pork lion (Best for lean and mean goals)
- Egg whites (A rage with Zach since it makes you stronger)
- Steak (Lean cuts gives iron, vitamin B12, and protein)
Includes brown rice, quinoa, and oats:
- Brown rice (the essential amino acids, carbs, and proteins that your body needs)
- Oats (rich in fiber so decrease absorption of carbs in the body)
- Quinoa (a complete source of protein and amino acids)
Includes seeds, avocados, and nuts:
- Avocado (Rich in omega-three fatty acids and fats)
- Nuts (Zac is crazy for nuts, and you should too, as they are big on nutrients, healthy fat, and fiber)
- Seeds (They deliver good fats, fiber, and other essential nutrients)
It comprises pears, apples, and all sorts of berries:
- Fruit comes with a lot of sugar.
- But, they also provide a good source of fiber.
- Also, they provide the body with water and essential electrolytes.
- So, berries help you burn extra calories.
Zac consumes vegetables like sweet potato, green/leafy vegetables, carrots, and cruciferous vegetables.
Efron’s Step by Step Workout Plan
Biceps and Back Day 1:
- Straight-arm pull-down (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Ab rollout (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Seated cable row (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Suspended row (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Neutral-grip pullup (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Lat pull-down from knees (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Chin-up(8-12 reps and three sets)
- Dumbbell bicep curls (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Press (8-12 reps and three sets),
- Squat suspension jump (20 reps, three sets)
- Swiss ball hip extension (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Swiss ball leg curl (20 reps, three sets)
- Reverse walking lunge (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Mountain climber on sliders (20 reps, three sets)
- Dumbbell Romanian deadlift (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Kick butts (20 reps, three sets)
- Squat front raise (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Crossbody cable rest (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Dumbbell floor press (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Press up/pushups (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Cable fly (8-12 reps, three sets)
- Single-arm curl (8-12 reps, three sets)
- single-arm pushdown (8-12 reps, three sets)
Takeaways From Zac’s Nutrition, Workout, and Fitness Journey
Don’t Bulk to Cut Through Time.
A lot of fitness fanatics try to achieve body mass before shifting that weight to muscles. Zac’s trainer Patrick Murphy disagrees with the bulk/cut theory. Zac never went over 10% body fat the entire year. He used a steady, reliable approach to dieting.
As every other action movie star, Zac also kept his eyes on the prize. He took everyone’s breath away with his fantastic physique and abs. Zac worked hard to reach his goal, and so can you. So, stay focused on the task and get ready for positive results.
The biggest secret behind Zac’s journey was that he never did a single workout twice during the 12 weeks. Versatility causes training to be new and exciting. So, it is crucial to keep things mixed up and stay motivated towards your fitness goals.
Go for Heavy Training.
Zac’s body in Baywatch didn’t happen overnight. He had to lift three times a week for at least two months. It was all a part of his high-intensity program because he believed in the no pain, no gain formula.
Integrate Stabilization Movements
Zac Efron used the basics to get results. He did pushups, shoulder presses, and single-leg deadlifts. By doing them the right way, he took his workout to the next level. Use an efficient and rigorous workout session to take your workout to the next level. When you focus on the concentric, eccentric, and isometric, you get results.
Final Thoughts on Zac Efron’s Workout Program
Zac’s fitness level and extraordinary physique speak volumes. When he publicized his transformed body, it came as a shock to his followers. It is hard to stay motivated and devoted to a challenging program. Zac did not use a cheat day. Thus, he works very hard to stay at his best and even goes out of his way to stick to his fitness plans.
His sessions constantly get monitored by a professional trainer, nutritionist, and fitness coach. It takes teamwork to get premium results! As a point of clarification, people who want to give Zac’s workout plan a try must stay focused and committed. Thus, the more you follow his workout program, the greater chance for you to reach Zac’s results.
Question and Answer
How old is Zac Efron?
Zac Efron was born on October 18, 1987.
How tall is Zac Efron?
Zac is 5’ 8” tall.
What is Zac Efron’s weight?
Zac’s weight fluctuates around 175 pounds.