Home Weight Loss - How to Follow Scientifically Proven Methods
Weight LossObesity is the most significant health risk facing the modern world. In the US alone, two-thirds (that's two of every three) adults are overweight. Are you ready to separate yourself from this group? Take control of your health and your weight! Weight loss of as little as 10% of your current body weight can provide these health benefits:
Benefits of Weight Loss
- Lower blood pressure and reduced risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Improved breathing and reduced risk of sleep apnea.
- Improved mobility and reduced stress on your hips, knees, and ankles.
- Lower blood sugar levels and improved insulin sensitivity.
- Improves treatments for Type 1 diabetes and reduces your risk for Type 2 diabetes.
- Pain-free movement, enhanced agility, and mental alertness.
- Improved mood and self-esteem.
Weight Loss Steps
You don't need to starve yourself to lose weight safely and permanently. Start with these simple lifestyle and diet changes:
- Start Today - Not next week, next month, after the holidays...today!
- Avoid Sugar - If you check the labels, everything you eat is loaded with sugar (high fructose corn syrup or anything that ends in -ose). That soda next to you contains liquid sugar, carbonated water, and food coloring. If it's a "diet" soda, it contains artificial sweeteners that are not only dangerous but also increase your cravings for sugar.
- Eat More Fruits and Vegetables - A plant-based diet or merely increasing the number of fruits and vegetables in your diet will fill your stomach with fewer and healthier calories. Fruits and vegetables are also higher in fiber, and your body will feel fuller sooner and for more extended periods.
- Choose Low Fat, High Protein Foods - Choose lean proteins like salmon, tuna, skinless chicken, and turkey. If you do not eat meat, choose beans, lentils, tofu, or edamame. Your body will burn more calories while digesting protein than digesting carbs or fats; as a bonus, protein helps build lean muscle.
- Eliminate The "Extras" - Having a salad? Skip the croutons, use less cheese, and find a healthier dressing. Having a sandwich? Choose healthier, thinner bread, one slice of cheese rather than two, and use a cut of leaner deli meat. Choose condiments with "no added sugar." While these simple changes may seem silly, implementing them could easily save you 200 calories each day; that's 1400 fewer calories each week and 73,000 calories per year. That equals a potential 20 POUND loss in one year!
- Snack Smarter - Avoid the vending machines and lattes. Instead of candy bars, pastries, or potato chips, choose fruit, a healthy smoothie, vegetable sticks, and hummus or low-fat yogurt. Healthy snacks can satisfy your hunger and cravings while saving another 100-200 calories over your usual choices.
12Page 1 of 2