Are you looking for ways to improve your shoulder workout for greater gains? The shoulder is a complex joint with many muscles working in synchronization to provide a wide range of motion. Regarding weightlifting and bodybuilding, the shoulders are often trained with compound exercises such as the overhead press, which simultaneously works for multiple muscle groups. However, isolation exercises that target the specific muscles of the shoulder girdle can be beneficial to achieve better muscle growth.
In this article, we will be discussing 5 ways you can modify your shoulder workout routine to achieve more significant muscle growth. These tips are suitable for beginners as well as more experienced lifters. So let’s get started!
5 Simple Ways to Improve Your Shoulder Workout for greater gains:
- Use a narrower grip on overhead presses. This will shift the emphasis onto the medial (side) deltoid rather than the front deltoid.
- Incorporate “supersets” into your routine. A superset is when you perform two back-to-back exercises with no rest. For example, you could do a set of lateral raises immediately followed by a set of rear delt flyes. This will help to pre-exhaust the muscles and lead to more incredible muscle growth.
- Try using cable machine exercises. These are great for isolating the different muscles of the shoulder girdle. Plus, they offer constant resistance throughout the entire range of motion, which helps to build strength evenly across all muscle fibers.
- Incorporate “drop sets” into your routine. A drop set is when you perform an exercise until failure and then immediately reduce the weight and continue performing reps until failure again. This is a great way to push your muscles to their absolute limit and force them to grow!
- Make sure you are getting enough protein! Protein is essential for Muscle Growth, so make sure you eat enough food or take a supplement to help you reach your daily protein goals.
The Last Word on Ways to Improve Shoulder Workout for Greater Gains
There you have it! 5 ways to change your shoulder workout routine to achieve more significant gains. Remember, consistency is vital, so stick to your new routine and give it time to produce results. And last but not least, don’t forget about nutrition! Eating enough protein is essential for anyone looking to build muscle mass.