What are the causes and symptoms of a yeast infection? You learned about yeast’s positive impact and benefits and its use in making bread and other foods. However, yeast can also cause an infection, as many women and men can attest. Keep in mind that one type of yeast is called candida, and it lives inside your body.
Yeast infection can affect the health of your skin, nails, mouth, feet, and reproductive organs. Your hair, nail, and skin say a lot about your health and fitness. People with a weak immune system are more likely to get a yeast infection. When yeast grows in a large amount, it causes disease. In this article, we will shed light on yeast infection.
Causes of Yeast Infection
Here, we will explain the leading causes of yeast infection:
People who use broad-spectrum antibiotics to kill off other germs will end up killing good bacteria in the body that keep yeast in check. For example, using medicines for asthma can cause yeast infections in the mouth.
Sometimes people wearing dentures get a yeast infection if they have diabetes.
Changes in estrogen and progesterone levels because of pregnancy, breastfeeding, hormone replacement therapy, or birth control can cause yeast infection.
Using tight suits that don’t allow breathing can increase yeast infection because of increased body heat and moisture. In babies, wet diapers can also lead to yeast infection.
● Vaginal Sprays:
Some products can increase the vagina’s acidity level, thus increasing yeast growth and removing good bacteria.
Symptoms of Yeast Infection
There are few differences in symptoms between men and women for yeast infection symptoms.
Common yeast infection symptoms in women are:
- A sharp burning feeling in the vagina
- Extreme itching in the vagina
- Redness and swelling around the vulva
- Watery or thick, white vaginal discharge
- Pain or vaginal rash
There are also cases where men can also get a yeast infection. Common symptoms in men are:
- Itching and burning
- The white and shiny area on the penis
How to Treat Yeast Infection?
Before treating yeast infection, physicians have to consider several factors, including your age, overall health, disease spread, and other factors. Commonly used methods of yeast infection include ointment and anti-yeast creams.
- For vaginal yeast infections, you need creams or medicated suppositories.
- With yeast infection in the mouth, you need a medicated mouthwash.
- However, people with a weak immune system can take oral anti-yeast medicines in a severe yeast infection case.
- Use oral anti-yeast medicines for yeast infection on nails.
- Last, for skin yeast infection, you need anti-yeast powders.
How to Prevent Yeast Infection?
By doing the following things, you can significantly reduce the chances of yeast infection:
- Take good care of your hygiene. For example, try to use a mouthwash that prevents yeast, brush your teeth regularly, and floss your teeth.
- Use cotton undergarments to let your skin breathe.
- Try to keep your skin dry. Another thing that you can try is probiotics for yeast infection.
Final Words – What are the Causes and Symptoms of Yeast Infection?
You can get a yeast infection when yeast grows out of control on your skin, nails, mouth, or vagina. Both men and women are susceptible to it. When you notice its symptoms, immediately contact your physician for a proper checkup. Yeast infections can put a damper on your sexual health and overall health. Always take a holistic approach to your health and fitness. A holistic approach gives you a decisive advantage in achieving your goals in the long run.