Have you heard about the new cloud bread recipe? The goal of going keto is to achieve the process of ketosis, a term for the metabolic process that occurs when your body burns fat for energy instead of carbs. To get there, you’ll have to consume high fat and little to a no-carb diet. Somehow it’s tough, but with the correct hacking, you can still make amazingly excellent recipes. If you are following a ketogenic diet, you must miss bread. Don’t worry! We have a super easy and best cloud bread recipe, which is extremely low in carbs, and its texture resembles traditional bread. No flour, no yeast, and you do not need grains for this bread.
What is Cloud Bread?
Cloud bread, also known as oopsie bread, is high in protein and extremely low in carbs, making it suitable for individuals following a keto diet. It’s a fluffy bread made with eggs, cream cheese (some people use cottage cheese), and cream of tartar. Its mild flavor makes it an excellent carrier for your favorite toppings or fillings. This little to no carb cloud bread is gluten-free and grain-free. You don’t need flour to make it – not even low-carb flours like almond or coconut.
When it freshly comes out of the oven, we bake each slice separately and with a souffle-like texture. After a few hours, the texture resembles the traditional bread, and you will not miss the classic wheat bread. Like regular bread, we toast and use it in almost every way we use bread. We consider cloud bread keto-friendly because of its shallow carb content. Unfortunately, as another hallmark of the keto diet, the bread includes increased fat. They made this cloud bread recipe with full-fat dairy products like cream cheese. We can use this recipe to increase our fat intake for the day.
Benefits of Cloud Bread
This bread has its place in diets like Keto, Paleo, gluten-free, and high fat; it also has many other health benefits. Cloud bread has half the calories of a slice of regular bread and has few to no carbs. This is ideally the best choice for people who have celiac disease. Cloud bread is also high in saturated fats because we make it from full-fat dairy products. According to recent research on saturated fats, which we thought to be unhealthy, scientists can now link to reversing certain chronic diseases and boosting general heart health.
Cloud Bread Recipe
Here is the best cloud bread recipe, which is keto-friendly, easy to make, and fun to eat. Besides being low carb and is easy to make, we can easily customize cloud bread. You can add spices like black or red pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and any seasoning of your choice to make this traditional recipe more delicious and appealing.
|Yields||Prep Time||Total Time|
|8-10 pieces||10 minutes||40 minutes|
|Ingredients for Cloud Bread Recipe||Directions for Cloud Bread Recipe|
||1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Separate egg whites from yolks in two glass bowls.
3. Add cream of tartar and salt in egg whites and, using a hand mixer, mix them until stiff peaks form.
4. Add cream cheese to egg yolks and mix them using a hand mixer until well combined. Then, using a spatula, gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites mixture.
5. On the baking sheet, spoon the mixture into 8-10 mounds, spacing them 4 inches apart.
6. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until the tops are lightly golden brown.
7. Allow to cool and enjoy
Serving Size 1 piece
How to Use Cloud Bread in Meals?
Cloud bread is relatively versatile, and you can use it in your meals. For example, you can use the cloud bread recipe in the following fun ways:
- Sandwich Bread: Cloud bread is a natural fit for sandwiches. You can warm or toast the bread in the toaster. For example, to prepare a grilled cheese sandwich, heat olive oil in a pan, then add two bread pieces and brown each piece on one side. Place cheese between the browned slices and cook the sandwich until cheese melts. We can also use this recipe for no-carb burger buns hot dog buns. You can also use cloud bread as toast substitutes by spreading it with healthy Nutella and almond butter.
- Crust for Pizzas: As pizza crust, cloud bread can handle a variety of toppings. Unlike regular wheat pizzas cooked with their toppings until the bread thoroughly bakes, we make cloud bread pizza by baking the bread first with no toppings. After the bread bakes, we assemble the pizza and return to the oven until the toppings bake. We can also use cloud bread in the replacement of pita bread and wraps.
- Low Carb Dessert: You can also use cloud bread to make a low-carb “shortcake” dessert. We can sweeten the bread by using vanilla yogurt in the place of cream cheese. For flavor, you can add a little honey to the batter. Top this shortcake with fresh strawberries and enjoy!
Tips to Best Follow the Cloud Bread Recipe:
- Ensure the egg whites are free from yolk and water; otherwise, they will not form stiff peaks.
- If we overbeat the eggs, the cloud bread will not be fluffy once we bake it.
- As oven brands and models differ, keep a check on the bread starting at the 25-minute mark. We have fully baked the cloud bread when it’s golden brown.
Storing and Freezing Cloud Bread
- To freeze cloud bread, place it in a zip-lock bag and store it for up to 2 months.
- You can toast it in the toaster or heat it quickly in the air fryer.
- We can keep leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days if wholly covered.