How did Winston Duke get in shape to play Lord M’Baku, the leader of the Jabari Tribe? If you are a Marvel comic lover and a fitness freak, you may know the supervillain Man-ape, having superhuman powers like supernatural strength, agility, speed, and durability. The fictional Man-ape is the enemy of the black panther and depicts a strong, tall man having a big muscular body.
Winston Duke plays the role of Lord M’Baku flawlessly. He is a tall man who is very well suitable for the character. His stature and body impressed people, and they want to know how he works out to stay in shape and become M’Baku of The Black Panther. So, the media asked him which exercises he incorporates in his routine, his diet and nutrition, and the workout plan he follows to build his body. We hope this information will help you in the long run, and you will incorporate some excellent techniques and tips Winston follows to stay in shape.
The diet plan Winston used to prepare for his role as M’Baku
Duke firmly believes that a nutritious and balanced diet and a rigorous workout are the keys to building a sound body. He took excellent care of his meal plan and told his fans he started his diet with low-carb food items and intermittent fasting. The diet plan helped him to get leaner and muscular.
Winston Duke usually takes raw vegetables and seafood in his diet and eats three times a day. He avoids consuming processed food, and most of his diet content includes fresh organic food. Winston says that the diet suits him very well, and he works out appropriately. Also, he does not feel exhausted and remains energetic throughout the day. However, he strictly avoids eating pork, chicken, and beef.
Michael B. Jordan on The Black Panther cast, Winston Duke, also trained rigorously to play the role of a super action character like Man-Ape. Man-Ape is a wild, giant, and powerful character that needed Winston to look more robust and muscular. As a result, Winston told the media he increased his training volume to look like Man-Ape. The increase in reps was challenging for him, but regular exercise improved his stamina and endurance. In addition, appropriate diet and nutrition contributed to his fitness and turned him into Lord M’baku.
Winston Duke used in excitement for fitness to transform into M’baku
Winston dedicates a lot of time and effort to his training. In an interview with People Magazine, he said he woke up and started training with his trainer at 2:30 am. The time is quite unusual, but Winston chose this time because he had to rush towards the set after that. Here, you can realize how dedicated he is towards his fitness regime.
Winston Duke exercises four to six days a week. He dedicates four days to weight lifting and the remaining two to MMA-style training and other activities to strengthen the superhero inside him.
The fitness routine Winston Duke uses to become M’Baku
Workout Day One:
The fitness journey to become M’baku’s started with his training on Monday. On Monday, Winston works his chest muscles and triceps. He begins with a warmup and stretches his body along with an incline walk. The 10 minutes incline walk warms his body up and helps his muscles to get ready for an intensive workout.
- First, he performs bench press, where Duke does five sets of 12,10,8,6 and4 reps.
- Next, he does the inclined dumbbell press, where Duke does three sets of 12, 10, and 8 reps.
- After that, he does chest flyes and hex press in 3 sets of 10 reps,
- Then he performs three sets of dips, three sets of overhead tricep extension, three sets of close grip bench, and three sets of cable pushdowns and cable kickbacks.
- All these exercises contribute to the growth and development of his triceps and chest muscles.
Workout Day Two:
Winston dedicates day 2 to the back and biceps, where most exercises involve pulling resistance towards the body. The day starts with stretching and a 10 min incline walk to warm up.
- First, the workout involves five sets of 12, 10, 8, 6, and 4 reps of deadlifts.
- Other exercises include three sets of 12, 10, and 8 reps of cable rows, three sets of T-bar row and pushups, three sets of wide grip pull up, three sets of preacher curl, three sets of overhead cable curls, and three sets of cable biceps curls and cable hammer curls.
Workout Day Three:
Workout day 3 starts with the usual warmup, which involves stretching and 10 mins incline walk. Duke dedicated day 3 to his shoulder and traps to develop a perfect boulder look every bodybuilder dreams of.
- First, his workout includes five sets of twelve, ten, eight, five, and three reps of military press.
- Other exercises include shoulder dumbbell front raises, flyes, the Arnold press, pull-ups, barbell shrugs, and superset of machine shrugs and dumbbell shrugs.
Workout day 4:
Duke works his legs and calves on day four. Calves are the group of muscles that need time to grow and develop. So, they need a greater frequency of exercise to get a better look. So, the days start with stretching and incline walks.
- First, his workout includes Back Squat, Leg Press, Superset Lunges, and Front Squat.
- Other exercises include Hack Squat, heavy calf raises, Hamstring Curls, and Superset of light Leg Curl Machine and Calf Raises (Light).
Duke also practices MMA-Style training to enhance stamina, endurance, and superhero strength.
The last words on the workout Winston Duke performed to play Lord M’Baku.
Most amateur bodybuilders know you need strength to lift the volume that allows you to build muscle. Bigger muscles lift bigger weights. So the goal becomes to increase the amount of weight you lift, which means you have increased your muscle size to do that. Lord M’Baku presents an imposing, muscular figure. Winston Duke did an excellent job of getting in shape to play the role of the character.
Here are a few takeaways we can learn from Winston Duke, Lord M’Baku:
- Workout during your peak energy period
- Complement your workout with your diet
- Use volume to build muscle
- Focus on pull and push exercises
- Work two muscle groups each day
- Use sports to build an athletic body
Finally, to get the best results from your health and fitness journey, choose a workout and diet plan that is scientifically backed and supports your lifestyle and goals. Consult your doctor to get more information about your health and fitness. Also, listen to your body and make adjustments as needed. For example, celebrity bodybuilders get impressive results from excellent workout and diet plans that professionals prepare, but more importantly, they live a lifestyle that allows them the luxury to follow the diet and workout plan perfectly.