You don’t need a lot of space or weightlifting equipment to get into a good workout. If you’re short on time or can’t get to the gym, try a 10-minute home workout. You can still get a good workout using nothing but your body weight. Just perform a fast routine that gets your heart rate pumping and burns fat. A 10-minute home workout can provide both cardio and strength training. You can do a solid workout anywhere!
Your 10-minute home workout should include a combination of pushups, lunges, squats, and planks.
Exercises you can perform with limited space. For an added challenge, do fat-burning cardio, mountain climbers, burpees, jumping jacks, and plyometric jumps.
You can execute your 10-minute home workout in one of two ways, performing each exercise for a predetermined number of repetitions or seconds. Then, regardless of reps or time, complete your activities in a circuit and perform each exercise right after the last one for 10 minutes.
Try this beginner 5X5 home workout:
- Side Straddle Hops (Jumping Jacks) – 20 seconds
- Regular Pushups – 20 seconds
- Bodyweight Squats – 20 seconds
- Crunches or Planks – 20 seconds
- Lunges – 20 seconds
Start by performing 20 seconds of jumping jacks, then move immediately into your 20 seconds of pushups, followed quickly by 20 seconds of squats, then down on your mat for 20 seconds of crunches, hop up and finish with 20 seconds of lunges. Perform the entire sequence of exercises without stopping. Then, take a sip of water, dry your face, and repeat the course for FIVE circuits in 10 minutes.
Need a more significant challenge? Try this intermediate or advanced 10×10 home workout:
- Side Straddle Hops (Jumping Jacks) – 10 repetitions
- Bodyweight Squats – 10 repetitions
- Regular Pushups – 10 repetitions
- High Knees – 10 repetitions
- Reverse Lunges – 10 repetitions (5 on each leg)
- Close Grip Pushups – 10 repetitions
- Mountain Climbers – 10 repetitions
- Run in Place for a slow count of 10
- Single-Leg Pushups – 10 repetitions
- Burpees – 10 repetitions (if you can)
Go through the 10X10 home workout circuit with a brief rest between each exercise. At the end of the first circuit, rest long enough to dry your face, sip some water, and repeat this fat-burning, strength-building course up to 3 times or until you run out of time or energy!
If you or someone you know is considering weight loss, share this article on Facebook or Twitter so that others can learn more about losing weight.