How can bioidentical hormones help you feel young again? The human body uses a bunch of complex systems to function. When something goes wrong, it causes problems for the entire body. The hormonal issue is the most common people experience because of poor diet, genetics, and lifestyle. An imbalance in your hormones can disturb your entire body and make you expose to massive diseases. Hormones control the body and assign tasks to other organs. Bioidentical hormones are human-made hormones, and they help a lot in re-aligning the body. This is a valuable treatment for men and women who are getting low on their hormonal count.
With age, men and women suffer from low hormones but ignore the symptoms. Lack of hormones can also affect performance, and they may also cause a breakdown. If you plan to have bioidentical hormone treatment, let us provide you with complete details about this issue. From the symptoms to other information, you will get an overview here.
Whenever the body lacks something, it shows that something is not right with pain, sluggishness, dizziness, and mood swings. In the same way, when hormones are off, you may go through some signs that require immediate medical help. Many people early in life do not take health issues seriously, causing them to require bioidentical hormone treatments later in life. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, consult a physician and discuss this issue with them. Once this problem becomes severe, it will lead to other issues. Here are some symptoms you may experience.
- Abnormal weight gain
- Night sweats
- Loss of muscle mass
- Mood swings
- Energy loss
- Pain during sex
- Memory loss
- Difficulty in decision making
If you are experiencing multiple symptoms, it’s time to consult a doctor and go for bioidentical hormonal treatment. To start or stop the medicine, consult your doctor first and then take any decision.
Is it common?
In the USA, hormonal issues are pretty common in women who are going through menopause. According to the report of The North American Menopause Society, around 1.4M women are experiencing symptoms. They are getting bioidentical hormonal treatment to reduce issues in their body. This issue is also common in men, but the count is much lesser than females. Bioidentical treatment can reduce low hormone symptoms and make you feel better. Experts and doctors recommend Bioidentical therapy for people who struggle to function and perform daily tasks. Because of a challenging lifestyle, this issue is quite popular among older men and women.
There are several ways to give bioidentical treatment to an individual, depending on the person’s needs.
First, you need to consult with a doctor and discuss all the methods suitable for you. The treatment options include pills, injections, patch creams, gels, and implantation. The right doctor to consult works in a hormone therapy clinic. After checking you, your doctor will decide the proper treatment to eliminate your symptoms. Other types of treatments include testosterone, Oestrogen gel, implants, estrogen, and skin patches. Because hormone therapists practice under a licensed physician, they can make referrals, order bloodwork, and prescribe medicine for other issues.
To check your hormones, your doctor will take a blood sample that will show your body’s exact condition. With the improvement, your doctor can reduce the dosage, and symptoms will ease. Around three months, your doctor will check the recent reports to determine the effect of your treatment. Hormones fluctuate, and it’s essential to know the exact count before injecting more medicine. Doctors watch people on bioidentical hormone treatment for any changes to the body and its organs. After going through a customized bioidentical hormone treatment chart, medications, and follow-up appointments, the doctor can tell you about the exact cost. Depending on the dosage and type of treatment, the average cost can range from $100 to $350 per month. Still, the bioidentical hormone treatment is affordable and may not feel heavy on your pocket.
Duration of treatment
The duration of treatment depends on the symptoms and condition of a patient. People with mild symptoms may take this treatment for 3-years, but an average person uses this treatment for 5-years. For the 5-years, every shot reduces the symptoms and brings improvement to the body. This treatment is reasonable for maintaining hormones in the body without consuming additional medicine. This duration of 5-years applies to people who are above 60 years. You can take a small dose of the drug to manage and show improvement. Some people take hormone treatment for the rest of their life.
Treatment may take time to respond, but once your hormones are normal, you can lead a healthy life. The management and response of treatment also depend on the lifestyle the patient adopts. From sleep patterns to eating habits, everything plays an essential role in balancing hormones. If you want your body to respond in the best possible way, reduce stress, and the medicine will do wonders for you. Usually, people stop taking this treatment once their body responds, maintaining a healthy hormone count.
Advantages of bioidentical hormone treatment
- Women and men may feel cautious while deciding whether they should go for this treatment or delay it for a while. It’s always a wise decision to treat any medical condition right away before it gets worse. If you are researching this treatment, let us elaborate on some advantages of bioidentical hormone treatment.
- Hormones maintain our emotions. Whenever we go through extreme mood swings, it signals hormones are taking a toll on us. The first symptom you may experience is frequent mood swings. Bioidentical hormone treatment can cure mood swings permanently. People who take bioidentical hormone treatment report feeling happy, satisfied, and youthful.
- Sudden changes in hair growth are a clear sign of hormonal change in your body. If it’s happening for a long time, immediately pay attention to the issue. The bioidentical hormonal treatment enhances hair growth and maintains the texture. After a few sessions, you can see the difference in hair shine.
- Skin is another essential factor that instantly reacts when something is wrong with your health. If the skin is getting dull and patches appear out of nowhere, then consult your physician. This treatment will make your skin shine, and you can feel the difference in smoothness.
People going through severe anxiety and depression should immediately consult a hormone therapist to check their hormones.
- Depression leads to other problems that may cause death and isolation. After taking hormonal treatment, depression and anxiety will slowly disappear. You can feel the difference in your energy levels within a few weeks of adopting receiving hormone therapy.
- Insomnia is another issue that arises because of a hormone imbalance in the body. If it’s been a long time since you have slept peacefully, then you need to get your hormones tested. It will improve the timing of your sleep, and you can have rest without feeling irritated. Due to lower blood count, people often experience night sweats, and it keeps them awake.
- Constant bloating is another sign of a hormonal issue and needs your attention. If you can’t eat without feeling pain in your stomach or bloating, then it’s time to consult a hormone therapist. It may solve the bloating problem after a few sessions, and you can maintain a healthy lifestyle later by eating healthy.
- People with hormonal issues may gain abnormal weight or lose muscles rapidly. Bioidentical hormone treatment helps patients gaining the ability to build muscle and healthily maintain weight. The more you build strength, the more your body will respond to a healthy lifestyle. It’s advisable to monitor your weight to keep a health check. Many older men looking to get in shape and live an active lifestyle seek hormone therapy.
Disadvantages of bioidentical hormone treatment
- Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. We all have to listen to this popular rule, but it applies to medical science. Whenever we adopt any medical treatment, we have to deal with few challenges that come with it.
- Acne is the primary issue that may come with bioidentical hormone treatment if your skin is sensitive. Because of hormone therapy, you may have to go through acne problems, which may last for few months. Adopt a healthy skincare routine to make skin relax and smooth during the process.
- Facial hair is another common side effect of bioidentical hormonal treatment. It may not happen to everyone, but usually, people complain of this reaction after few sessions. You can use hair removers and wax to clean the face, but it may last for some time because of the body’s response. Once your hormones go back to normal, the facial hair gradually goes away.
- Because of the intake of constant treatment, you may experience headaches after few sessions. It would be best if you used ibuprofen to eliminate headaches and stay away from stress. Once the hormones balance, like the facial hair, the headaches go away.
- Hormonal imbalance causes weakness and fatigue because of bioidentical hormone treatment. Your body may show mixed signs. Blurred vision is another normal reaction your body may have during bioidentical identical treatment. This sign may last for few weeks. Your hormone therapist will help you reduce the symptoms.
How do you maintain a healthy hormone balance without bioidentical hormone treatment?.
- People often find it daunting to maintain a healthy lifestyle, especially after receiving treatment. It’s essential to make your health a priority if you want to change your energy levels. Let’s go through this guide to know how to maintain a healthy hormone balance.
- Eating protein is the first thing you can opt for when trying to maintain hormone balance. Include meat in every meal so you can have complete nutrition. It will help you prevent hormone imbalance after having treatment.
- Do exercise to keep your body flexible and active. Because of constant sitting and inactive routines, hormonal imbalance issues may arise. Exercise is the only way to maintain a healthy body, as it will keep your internal systems active. Start with a simple workout routine and then increase it in time.
- Overeating is the enemy of health, and once you successfully balance your hormones, there is no going back to an unhealthy life. Monitor your diet and make a chart so you can decide the right portion size before you eat anything. You can consult a dietician if you need help.
Hydration is the key to a healthy body, and when you want to keep yourself healthy, drink a lot of water.
- Increase the consumption of water in your diet, and it will keep everything inside of you hydrated. Avoid sugary drinks because they will increase your weight.
- Stress is a common factor in our lives, and it badly affects our internal health. Due to stress, your hormones will get low again even after having bioidentical hormone treatment. The only way to keep yourself healthy and maintained is to manage stress. Managing stress is an art, and it requires constant practice without giving up.
- Please consult your doctor and ask them to advise you. Vitamins can help you lead a normal lifestyle. Start consuming your vitamin supplements on time, and they must be suitable for your body. Vitamins can help enhance immunity, and once you feel strong from inside, your hormones become balanced.
- Finally, ensure you get enough sleep to keep your body relaxed to perform better during the day. When you sleep peacefully throughout the night, you can feel energized for the next day.
Hormones affect your physical and mental health as they control the entire body. Hormones work as chemical messengers, and they maintain everything from mood to appetite. Bioidentical hormone treatment keeps hormones balanced without disturbing other processes in your body. This treatment will provide you with complete control over your hormones.